What it means to be a PEARL!
Calling all Senior Adults (55 years young and up). Come and join GABC’s Senior Adults (PEARLS – Personal Evangelism Actively Reaching Loving Seniors) Ministry.
The Purpose of PEARLS Ministry is to serve the church by developing, coordinating, and administrating an effective and comprehensive ministry to meet the needs of Senior Adults in our church and community.
The Objectives of PEARLS Ministry is to accomplish the GABC mission through:
. Planning and coordinating conferences, luncheons, service projects and trips.
. Mentoring Senior Adult goals and objectives
. Planning an appropriate budget.
. Working with other committees, officers, and leaders to carry out the ministry of the church.
. Working with Associational ministries, reaching families through the Migrant and International Ministries.
. Working with JOY (Jesus, Others and You) boxes to provide Christmas for children in the mission fields.
. Sponsoring church wide events: i.e. Christmas Banquet.
Activities PEARLS is involved in and/or sponsors:
1. Monthly – (First Thursday) Covered dish luncheons with guest speakers/entertainment where we pray for the seniors unable to attend (sick, homebound, etc.)
2. Monthly – (Fourth Monday) Prepare and serve food at the Soup Kitchen at First Methodist Church on North Davis Drive.
3. Monthly – Send correspondence to homebound seniors, college students, and military (as provided by congregation).
4. Jan – Oct – Advertise need for items for JOY Boxes sponsored by The Master’s Mission, Inc, Ware Shoals, SC. Shoe boxes go to the Ukraine). November – prepare boxes from items donated and deliver to The Master’s Mission.
5. February – Along with Deacon Body plan, prepare and participate in the Widow’s Banquet.
6. April – Provide food for the migrant ministry of the Rehoboth Association and provide items for health kits for migrants.
7. Nov/Dec – Provide food for the International English School held at Central Baptist (Rehoboth Association sponsored).
8. Fall – Have a Mystery Trip usually one to two nights stay.
9. Schedule occasional day trips for fruits and vegetable purchases, sightseeing and/or dining out.
10. Sponsor special event dinners like Fish Fry, Hobo Dinner, Mystery Dinner, Christmas Banquet. Many are for church wide attendance.
11. Our PEARLS Ministry Fund, donations received at each month’s luncheon, provide funds to send get well/encouragement cards to seniors in hospital and at home or bereavement cards to family members and make donations to the GABC Building Fund or library in honor of the deceased senior. Occasionally, we will donate to an organization that comes to speak to us (i.e. Reformers Anonymous).
12. Christian Social Ministries – Assist with stocking, counseling, and distribution of food at the Rehoboth sponsored food bank at 101 South 2nd Street.
We also encourage Senior Adult participation in assisting in the Nursery, Children’s Sunday School and Church, AWANA, Choirs and teaching and participating in Adult Sunday School, serving on various committees and prayer for all members and activities of the church.
Check our calendar for specific dates, times and activities.
You may contact our current PEARLS Council chairman, Corinne Mayo, at 923-6065 for more details.
Serving the Lord Together,
Plans for 2017:
1 Dec 2017 – Church-wide Christmas Banquet, 6:00pm, Steakhouse, Hawkinsville, GA (Cost: $16.00 PP). Jeff Cleghorn will share Christmas music with us.